Corruption of PST or data deletion taken place in it; are two of the most annoying issues faced by Outlook users that ends up restricting them from accessing their own data. SysTools Outlook Recovery is amongst the highly employed third party applications intended towards the same cause. As per the observation made, it is an appropriately designed application for the recovery of Outlook Data File from different set of consequences. The tool offers a smooth functioning over Windows platform and is capable of tackling severe cases of corruption and data deletion too.
The software offers an interactive and interesting Graphical User Interface (GUI). It resembles the look of Microsoft Outlook client interface up to a large extent.
- The tool has an interface resembling that of MS Outlook client. This helps make the tool quite familiar to users. As far as the benefit is concerned, the application can very easily be understood and each of its functioning too.
- Inclusion of all the features is done on a single interface. This helps eliminate the confusion users mostly face while navigating between multiple screens to make use of involved steps and facilities of the tool.
- Tabs and buttons on the software interface are self-explanatory for each purpose or function. Novices can have a better experience of recovering PST files with this software by getting a better understanding of the tool without any guidance.
On a deep observation of the software features, precision can be observed.
- Recovery Plus Conversion is what the software serves which ensures that once the data is recovered, no chances are taken with it by storing the data back into source file. Hence, a conversion feature is additionally provided for storing recovered data.
- Hard Deleted Data Restoration is a feature can be considered as the most beneficial feature as we tend to carry out permanent deletion of data from mail or Deleted Items folder; accidently or otherwise.
- Restoration to PST format is the most preferable choice anyone would make on recovering their Outlook data file contents. Apart from that, the software also features MSG and EML for storing recovered PST file data.
- PST Split Option proves to be a highly beneficial feature as users recovering PST file due to corruption caused by file size limitation can overcome it by recovery followed by split of the output data in PST format.
Pros & Cons
On a comparative basis, the software is more about pros and less about cons. However, a thorough observation brought forward the following points that were quite evident about the tool.
- It offers restoration of permanently deleted messages. On selecting Advance Scan option, one can repair an extremely corrupted PST and get back permanently deleted items from the selected PST file.
- An interface resembling as that of Outlook client makes it easier for users operating it; understand the working and functions easily without feeling like a novice.
- Severe as well as minor cases of corruption encountered with PST files are resolvable which will be a huge help for users in replacing built in utilities that come with a risk of data loss.
- Once a PST file corrupted by 2 GB file size limitation is recovered it can be saved back into a PST format file without surfacing file size limitation issues. Firstly because the output PST would be of Unicode formatting and secondly, the software offers a split by size option.
- PST files in ANSI, Unicode or password protected form are recoverable using the software demo as well as licensed edition as per the testing done.
- Once the PST file is completely recovered; after previewing its items, one can export the items (emails, contacts, etc.) all at once or selectively as per their suitability.
- The software doesn’t work without installation of Microsoft Outlook. This makes it quite difficult for users who have worked on Outlook in past but are currently only having orphan PST files as the archives.
- No solution is rendered for the PST files that may have got deleted accidently or otherwise. This could be one of the complaints users might have with this application.
Apart from these few cons, the software seems to be an appropriate help for users that have encountered issues with PST file integrity or accessibility in any case.
After complete overview of the tool, post its trial and testing would be that it is an appropriate and highly suggestible solution for users having usability issues with their Outlook data.
However, a few of the flaws if taken care of can make the tool work more precisely. On a scale of 10 this tool can be rated 9.5 which is great distinction and hence, make the tool considerable for most Outlook users.
Product Info: www.systoolsgroup.com/outlook-recovery.html